With a Greek community that is more than 50 years old, we have more than 10,000 living Greek alumni/ae members who have gone on to great things in their life. Once you join a fraternity or sorority, you become a lifetime member. Remember the commitment you made to your organization and the impact that you can still make on that organization.
Code of Ethics for Fraternity/Sorority Alumni
- Provide opportunities for interaction with other groups and with the fraternity/sorority officers and staff
- Educate on issues affecting the fraternity/sorority community, both local and inter/national levels
- Inform about university policies and procedures
Chapter advisor/leader opportunities
Advisory support is critical to the success of a fraternity or sorority at any university. Chapters with consistent alumni/ae involvement tend to be the best chapters. If you are interested in getting involved as an advisor to any of our chapters, please contact Fraternity and Sorority Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code of Ethics for Chapter Advisors
- Establish relationships with advisors, alumni/ae, chapters, and university
- Communicate by providing accurate information on a regular basis
- Communicate all major decisions affecting the chapter, including judicial sanctions, member concerns, and chapter operations, respecting the guidelines of confidentiality
- Educate on student development issues and learning outcomes
- Honor requests for information when applicable
- Provide opportunities for advisors and chapter officers to make the first contact with the national organization in conduct matters – then work in a collaborative manner
Giving to Fraternity and Sorority Life at Virginia Tech is an opportunity for you to invest in our students and their futures as successful, productive citizens. You can shape the fraternity and sorority experience for your chapter and help provide the optimal conditions in which learning and growth can take place.
With your participation in The Campaign for Virginia Tech: Invent the Future, Fraternity and Sorority Life can continue to offer your chapter members an enriching Greek experience – we can offer a home away from home that develops leadership skills, embraces personal responsibility, and develops individual character.